Good Morning and Happy Fitmom Friday all ya’ll beautiful people! We’ve already talked goals, water, and setting aside time to exercise. Let’s use that time wisely!
It’s time to…
Oh, were you scared I was going to give you some crazy workout?
I already told you not to worry about that! This program is specifically for you mamas just starting out on this journey, and it takes a little while before you’re ready to tackle that! I started and stopped so many times mostly because I burned myself out too quickly! I hurt too bad to workout the next day, and that turned to two, and then three, and then several months later I’d be worse than when I started, and I’d try again. Talk about yo-yo exercising!
But that’s not going to happen with you. Nope. You’ve got this. And it all starts with five minutes. Yes, that’s right. If you haven’t worked out in a while, all I want you to commit to is a five-minute walk every weekday morning, that’s when I did it and how I got going to where I am today.
Originally, I started working out during the week was because my husband traveled for work. Saturdays and Sundays were for family time, relaxing, a break from the kids, and maybe even an uninterrupted shower! (It’s okay to laugh mamas… I am while writing this. An uninterrupted shower, Bawhahahahahaha!) Okay, moving on… or back before I digressed.
Okay, so walking to the beat is just what it says. Do you remember the classic movie, Dead Poets Society? The scene where Robin Williams has the students walk around the classroom, and they all start marching in sync? The same thing happens with music; your body naturally starts walking in sync to the beat.
So start thinking about what tunes always get your toe tapping or ass shaking, that’s the music that’s going to help you get fit!
All right, everyone ready for this week’s tasks?
- Look through your music.
- Pick out a handful of songs with a decent beat and create your walking playlist. (Faster than Enya slower than Drum & Bass!)
- Decide if you’re taking it outside or doing it in your living room. If it’s outside put everything you need, coat, hat, umbrella, whatever by the door.
- If you’re worried about getting up and going, go to bed in your workout clothes. Seriously.
- If you’re walking in place in your living room, set your timer for five minutes.
- If you’re taking it outside, set your timer for 2 ½ minutes, when it dings turn around and head back home.
- Walk to the beat for five minutes. Feel free to sing and dance walk as well.
- When finished, pat yourself on the back for a job well done and do it again tomorrow.
That’s it for this week!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Feel free to reach out to me at any time with questions! I’m here for you!