Go Plank Yourself
And you should because they’re awesome for you!
Happy Workout Wednesday all ya’ll beautiful people!
I’ve already talked at length about the importance of core strength. Have you been sucking it up? Are you ready to move on? I hope so because today I’m going to teach you the basic plank!
Planking is a simple but effective body weight exercise that requires no equipment, and you can do it just about anywhere.
Beginner Knee Plank – Only use this one until you committed the proper form to memory!
1. Put a mat or a rolled up towel under your knees and then lay face down on the ground with your hands under your shoulders.
2. Suck your stomach in (contract your abs) and lift your upper body off the ground to your hands or your forearms.
3. Keep sucking your stomach in and do not allow your hips to drop down for as long as you can or however long you set your timer.
1. Lay face down on the ground with your hands under your shoulders or slightly wider. Kneel on all fours with hands directly under shoulders.
2. Come onto your toes, squeeze your cheeks, suck in your stomach and straighten legs; keep body in a straight line from head to heels.
3. Keep sucking, squeezing everything for as long as you can or however long you set your timer for with GOOD FORM!
Same as the standard plank but you’re on your forearms with your elbows under your shoulders.
Proper form is so important, check yourself out in the mirror if you can; if that’s not possible, make sure you’re looking at the floor and not the wall and be careful not to lock or hyperextend your knees or let your hips drop!
Next week I’ll go over a couple more plank variations!
Have a great one!