Happy Workout Wednesday!
Squats. So important, I’m not sure there’s a workout plan out there that doesn’t have them, but it’s so easy to do them wrong! I did for a long time until I learned a little trick I’m going to share with you today.
This is how most ‘squat instructions’ go…
- Stand straight with your head facing forward.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart or slightly wider. Extend your hands straight out in front of you to help keep your balance, or behind your head like a prisoner.
- Sit back and down like you’re sitting in an imaginary chair. Keep your head facing forward and don’t round your upper back instead let your lower back arch slightly as you descend.
- Lower down, so your thighs are as parallel to the floor, with your knees over your ankles. Press your weight back into your heels.
- Keep your core tight, and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position.
Ready for the trick?
When you sit back like you’re sitting in a chair and your thighs are parallel with the floor, LIFT YOUR TOES!!!
Seriously, it’s that simple! By lifting your toes, you are moving your weight back onto your heels and its nearly impossible for your knees to go past your feet!
And there you have it, the trick to perfecting your squat!